About Rodney Hockaday
“The client’s best interest(s) come first—be upfront, ethical and honest.”
Rodney has been involved in the real estate and building industry from an early age, starting out cleaning up construction sites and helping out with the family brokerage firm.
Rodney grew up in this area, spending much of his time between Gloucester and York Counties. After graduating from York High School, Rodney went on to earn his Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction at Virginia Tech. Upon graduating from VT, Rodney worked in homebuilding for a large regional building firm before starting his own homebuilding company in 1998 based in Gloucester. Still currently licensed as a Class A Contractor, he continues to be involved within the construction industry.
The primary occupation, however, which Rodney participates day-to-day is the role of Associate Broker and REALTOR® at Virginia Country Real Estate, Inc. Rodney has been licensed since 1992 and is involved in the daily workings of this family owned brokerage. His honesty and willingness to help is a driving force in real estate. He educates his customers about the real estate market by thoroughly discussing the process of buying and selling, what is involved, and current trends to keep them up-to-date.
He currently resides in York County, while he also has property in Gloucester County. Rodney has two children, Kylee and Jacob.
Awards and Recognitions
- Multiple Sales Excellence Awards
- National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Virginia Association of REALTORS® (VAR)
- Chesapeake Bay & Rivers Association of REALTORS® (CBRAR)
- National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB)
- Peninsula Housing & Builders Association (PHBA)
- Chesapeake Bay & Rivers Association of REALTORS®: President
- Gloucester Point Rotary Club: Past President
- Yorktown Rotary Club: Member
- Rotary International